I’m with the amazing Carlos Whittaker to talk about his dramatic career shift from leading worship to becoming a best-selling author and speaker.
We'll also discuss what it means to kill the proverbial spiders in our lives and how we can truly pursue a life of freedom and abundance. You are going to love this one!
In this episode we discuss:
1. His dramatic career change
2. How he landed his first speaking gig at the White House
3. How to really change our behavior and our lives
4. How to kill the proverbial spiders in our life
Click here to listen in iTunes.
Click here to listen on Soundcloud.
Click here to listen on Google Play.
Click here to listen on Stitcher.
Click here to listen on Spotify.
1. I felt like God was telling me it was time to stop leading worship and singing and start writing a book. And, for me because I did all the work ahead of time with my blog—I had spent years building a tribe of people that were used to reading what I had to say, that wasn’t going to be a hard transition for them. But, for me, it was scary. How in the world was I going to do the speaking and the writing thing?
2. I feel like a lot of worship leaders come up to me and say, “I think I want to do something else.” I always say, “Awesome. How have you been building into what that next thing is? That is what you are going to need to do right now and it’s going to take a little time.”
3. My father said to me, “Carlos, I’ve watched you your entire life clean the cobwebs of sin. You can no longer clean the cobwebs. You must kill the spider, the root of your behavior.”
In this episode I answer these questions:
1. I saw you taught on “mom guilt” for Mother’s Day. Can I watch the sermon anywhere and can you share some wisdom from it? (47:33)
2. What version of the Bible do you use? My church uses NIV and NLT and my Bible Study uses ESV. I want to make sure that I’m using the right versions and I trust your opinion. (55:40)
3. Did you have a mentor who taught you how to communicate professionally from the stage and on your show? (57:15)
Links to great things we discussed:
2. Moment Maker
4. The OA on Netflix
5. Walking With God by John Eldridge
7. Prime Time Primer from Bare Minerals
9. FABFITFUN- use promo code ALLI
10. Mother’s Day Message (I start about 33 minutes in!)
Hope you loved this episode! Be sure to subscribe in iTunes and slap some stars on a review! :)
And a big thank you to Audra for the wonderful help with show notes!