Today, I’m with the brilliant Jeff Bethke to talk about why you may need to ditch the American dream, say “To Hell With The Hustle”, and find a way to be human again.
Jeff shares why his family decided to get off the conveyor belt of overachievement, restructure their family life, and take some leaps that were well worth it.
1. What Elsa and Arendell can teach us about risk-taking.
2. Living wisely in an information overload culture.
3. What it means to live an integrated life.
Click here to listen in iTunes.
Click here to listen on Google Play.
Click here to listen on Stitcher.
Click here to listen on Spotify.
1. So many of us are trying to achieve spiritual perfection when God is more concerned about spiritual formation. He doesn’t want you to just reach the goal, He wants you to become a particular type of person.
2. A lot of us are willing to make certain sacrifices based on the monetary financial gain rather than asking “Is this job humanizing to me? Is this job where the Lord has actually called me?”
3. There’s a trajectory that our culture puts us on that’s just more, more, more, do, do, do. The pressure seems to compound and the farther we went down this conveyor belt of the American dream, the more we were actually losing practices, formations, rhythms, and rituals that we believe profoundly make us human.
1. How do you deal with writing about family issues and struggles in your books? (46:06)
2. If a Christian commits a sexual sin is it forgivable? If so, why are ministers who have a “moral failure” asked to step down? (52:58)
3. I’m a creative entrepreneur and I hate systems, and so far it hasn’t hurt my growth. Do I have to build systems or can I stay successful without them? (1:00:05))
1. Jeff Bethkey
4. Frozen 2
7. Cast iron
Hope you loved this episode! Be sure to subscribe in iTunes and slap some stars on a review! 🙂