You know building your brand is a crucial step to crafting your dream business. This workbook is designed with you in mind to simplify those steps.
Pre-order Remaining You While Raising Them
I’m joined by the brilliant John Mark Comer, one of my all-time favorite authors and teachers. I love his work so much I think I embarrassed him just a little.
We’ll talk about why I pay my children to read his books, the importance of Sabbath, and what it means to live a spiritually disciplined life in a busy, modern world.
1. Why work isn’t a bad thing.
2. Keeping the Sabbath holy.
3. Practical ways to unhurry life
Click here to listen in iTunes.
Click here to listen on Google Play.
Click here to listen on Stitcher.
Click here to listen on Spotify.
1. The two major areas where we actually follow Jesus and work out our spiritual formation are family or close interpersonal relationships and work. I think the church does a great job of talking about family, marriage, parenting, relationships, community. What’s there a lot less said about, though I think is changing in the past decade or two, is work and how it dovetails into our spirituality and her apprenticeship into Jesus.
2. The garden was never supposed to stay a garden. Adam and Eve weren’t there to just mow the lawn and take care of things and enjoy life. It was actually supposed to spread out and inevitably become a city had no sin had ever interrupted that project. It would become this garden-like city environment where all sorts of human beings live together in love of God from God and for each other.
3. Sabbath is a practice by which we cultivate a spirit of restfulness. It’s not just one day of the week but seven days of the week.
4. The goal is to become the kind of person in whom literally in our body, in our muscle memory, we have become people of rest.
1. What do you think of the advice that we should just follow our passion? (50:32)
2. Why do Christians say they love Jesus and still act like horrible people? (56:28)
3. When you’re working with your business coaching clients what habits or beliefs are the ones that make some of them unable to succeed? (1:00:01)
Links to great things we discussed:
2. The Ruthless Elimination of Hurry
Hope you loved this episode! Be sure to subscribe in iTunes and slap some stars on a review! 🙂
And a big thank you to Adrienne for the wonderful help with show notes!