Today I’m with my friend and brilliant Duke divinity professor, author, and TED Talk presenter Kate Bowler.
We talk honestly about suffering, terminal illness, and how Jesus fits into all of it. Kate will also talk about her fascinating and extensive research about the dynamics of women leading in the church.
1. Why most women in conservative denominations don’t attend seminary.
2. What she discovered after researching the prosperity gospel of health, wealth, and happiness.
3. What it’s like to battle Stage 4 cancer at age 35.
Click here to listen in iTunes.
Click here to listen on Google Play.
Click here to listen on Stitcher.
Click here to listen on Spotify.
1. There’s a fun history of how women have managed to skirt the technicalities of preaching as a vocation. They largely do it as self-taught women.
2. Everyone wants you to only bowl down the middle on every topic and I think there’s something we lose when we don’t allow, especially women, the particularity of their experience.
1. What under-eye concealer won’t make me look like I’m 90? (46:50)
2. Going into 2020 and looking back, what did God teach you last year? (49:47)
3. What email software do you use? (55:25)
1. Kate Bowler
Hope you loved this episode! Be sure to subscribe in iTunes and slap some stars on a review! 🙂