I’m with my wonderful friend Phil Waldrep, founder of The Women of Joy and Gridiron Conferences.
Phil shares his personal story of processing through a deep betrayal and what God has taught him over decades about bitterness and forgiveness. Phil is like your favorite, wise uncle who can gently teach us and encourage us at the same time–and I know this conversation is going to leave us forever better.
1. How to heal from betrayal.
2. How to tell if bitterness is an issue for you.
3. And why his dog is suspicious of him.
Click here to listen in iTunes.
Click here to listen on Google Play.
Click here to listen to Stitcher.
Click here to listen on Spotify.
1. You may be in the pit right now, but when you overcome feelings of betrayal in a healthy way, your pit can become a palace.
2. Betrayal is like building a wall around your heart. People that have been betrayed, build this wall around their hearts and they decide ‘no one else will hurt me because no one else is getting in.’
3. You can trust again. You can have joy again. You can have peace again, but you have to process that betrayal that you’ve been feeling.
4. At the root of betrayal is selfishness. That’s the reason why people betray you. They put their desires ahead of your desires.
1. How can I learn to stop yelling at my kids all the time? (41:26)
2. How do I fully lean in and trust God? (52:52)
3. How do you stop fear and doubt when you want to open your own business as a woman? (58:38)
1. Phil Waldrep
3. Women of Joy
5. Andre Rieu
Hope you loved this episode! Be sure to subscribe in iTunes and slap some stars on a review! 🙂