You know building your brand is a crucial step to crafting your dream business. This workbook is designed with you in mind to simplify those steps.
Pre-order Remaining You While Raising Them
Hi friends! We’ve been through a lot over the past year, as people, as communities, as a nation and world. And although there is comfort to be found in suffering through hardships together, what happens to our souls when we’re left suffering privately or by ourselves?
My good friend Ruth Schwenk is joining me on the show today to help us figure that out. Ruth is an author of many wonderful books about parenting, the founder of TheBetterMom.com, and the co-founder of FortheFamily.org.
But what I’m really excited about is her most recent book she co-wrote with her husband Patrick. It’s called In a Boat in the Middle of a Lake: Trusting the God Who Meets Us in Our Storm.
She talks about this new book along with an update on her husband’s health, which inspired the idea of writing about God meeting you in the roughest waters and in the darkest storms.
We also chat about some practical tips on how to take care of yourself right now, even if you’re sitting in the middle of one of those dark, stormy lakes.
Stick around for the whole episode to hear:
Click here to listen in iTunes.
Click here to listen on Google Play.
Click here to listen on Stitcher.
Click here to listen on Spotify.
1. When we’re put in the middle of a storm our faith is tested. It exposes what we really believe about God. And honestly that’s where God really grows us and helps us learn because we have no other choice but to cling to him in that.
2. The biggest thing he does in our suffering is helps us to turn to him and deeper and grow our faith.
3. It’s ok to sit in your pain. It’s not comfortable. Who wants to sit in their pain? But it’s the day after day, step after step looking towards him that he used to change us.
4. I think in dryness and in burnout, he’s using that to purify our faith and to deepen our faith. He wants us to keep seeking him. Eventually if we keep seeking him day after day we discover that he was there all along waiting for us.
1. How should I handle fasting as someone who has a tendency to have an eating disorder? (41:32)
Order your copy of Standing Strong here.
Hope you loved this episode! Be sure to subscribe in iTunes and slap some stars on a review! 🙂