Today, we are with the brilliant women behind the podcast Risen Motherhood- Laura Wifler and Emily Jensen.
We chat about how potty training launched their blockbuster show that millions love, what it’s like to balance work and raising small children, and how we can use comparison to point us to truth.
In this episode we discuss:
1. What it looks like when two different personalities and styles work together.
2. The importance of community for working moms.
3. How to conquer mom guilt
Click here to listen in iTunes.
Click here to listen on Google Play.
Click here to listen on Stitcher.
Click here to listen on Spotify.
1. Nothing is perfect. Nothing is guaranteed. But if I don’t have enough time for Jesus then I’m missing something and that’s something that I always try to prioritize no matter what life is looking like that day.
2. There are going to be a lot of needs and the needs are probably going to be hard. We can’t really get in front of them, but at the same time I want to be intentional to cultivate a sustainable life. And that’s something that what are some things I can put into today that helps to be able to be sustained that I’m not running five minutes behind all the time.
3. When we dig under the surface of what we’re wrestling with in our soul it’s the fact that we feel before the Lord we are not enough. We are not good enough and the good news is that God has sent His son Jesus Christ to be good on our behalf to meet all the measurements and standards.
4. In Christ, we are not called to live with guilt and shame. That’s one of the beautiful things about the gospel is that we don’t have to live with mom guilt or any guilt at all.
1. Do you sleep? How do you get so much done? Tell me your secrets! (48:27)
2. As Christians, is drinking alcohol okay? (52:48)
3. I have an idea for a book. How do I know if it’s a good idea? (57:44)
4. Nickel Creek
Hope you loved this episode! Be sure to subscribe in iTunes and slap some stars on a review! 🙂